So during the past few days of GDC, I’ve seen a lot of disappointment at the announced products, it seems the general consensus is that every option out there has at least one big flaw. So I want to ask, what would your ideal headset be like? Only use tech that exists today, and try to keep in mind the price of such a device that you would be willing to pay.
- Could both act as a standalone like Oculus Quest/Go, and tethered like Rift by plugging in a video cable to a computer
- Resolution of around 1500×1500 or greater
- Framerate >=90 FPS, and motion-to-photon latency <20 ms
- Inside-out tracking, but with a very wide tracking FOV unlike the two-camera WMR headsets
- Open/non-exclusive ecosystem both for the mobile and PC apps