I should first say I’m not a huge gamer and by no means a graphics snub. I still play CS GO and Skyrim on a basic old BENQ. This is my first entry into VR and was initially going for a Quest 2/Rift S but heard you need facebook for one and the latter was discontinued.
It would be nice to use it in the garden, so I am considering a standalone VR but don’t want my first entry to be a negative one. The G2 has some great reviews across the interwebz
This is my current PC:
- Graphics: AMD Radeon RX 580
- CPU: Ryzen 7 1800x
- Storage: HDD 1TB and SSD 120GB
- RAM: 16GB (i think)
The games I’m really looking forward to playing are:
- Beat Saber (because i miss EDM/Raves)
- That Echo game everyone is talking about
- Elite Dangerous/SW: Sqaudrons
- Movies (I’m a movie buff so this is huge for me)
- NBA! Because that would honestly be a dream – until I can make a game.
So my question is it worth upgrading the GPU or maybe getting a bigger SSD too?
Should I cancel and just get a Facebook Quest 2?